Wednesday 17 October 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #20

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme, showcasing books that we are waiting to read.

Title: Black City (Black City #1)
Author: Elizabeth Richards
Publisher: Putnam
Release Date: 13th November 2012

A dark and tender post-apocalyptic love story set in the aftermath of a bloody war.
In a city where humans and Darklings are now separated by a high wall and tensions between the two races still simmer after a terrible war, sixteen-year-olds Ash Fisher, a half-blood Darkling, and Natalie Buchanan, a human and the daughter of the Emissary, meet and do the unthinkable—they fall in love. Bonded by a mysterious connection that causes Ash’s long-dormant heart to beat, Ash and Natalie first deny and then struggle to fight their forbidden feelings for each other, knowing if they’re caught, they’ll be executed—but their feelings are too strong.
When Ash and Natalie then find themselves at the center of a deadly conspiracy that threatens to pull the humans and Darklings back into war, they must make hard choices that could result in both their deaths.
There are many paranormal/dystopia books that have been released recently and I have already a fair few; The Immortal Rules, Darkness Before Dawn e.t.c. and this doesn't look like anything new to be fair. However I have heard nothing but hype. Everyone is raving about this book. Even though I have seen a couple of not so positive reviews, I still really want to check this book out. I have now heard that it has it has sold its film licensing (or what ever it is called), and it hasn't even been published yet. I know that a movie is probably not going to happen anytime soon but still.

Becky

4 comments:

  1. I absolutely adored Black City ;)

    Here's my WoW :) I'm WoW-ing on Phoenix (Black City, #2).

    Old follower, hope to see you at my blog some time too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about this as well. A movie for option already? Maybe I'll check this one out. New follower. :)

    Audrey @ Her Fiction Fix (WoW)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo Black City! I can't wait for this one either, definitely on my wishlist/TBR piles. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate every comment that I receive. Thank you :D